Thứ Hai, 17 tháng 1, 2011

Todd Johnson

I am new to SEO and have just hired and SEO expert who will start January 10, 2011- full time.My website is very messy however I have chosen to design the front page myself without help from my design team to understand how to rank on Google…. coffee after coffee I am learning SEO way into the small hours of the night. Then I saw the light- I have not many back-links to my website thus building no trust with Google. I have now began to manually build back-links over a period of time- about 1 per week.Then I began to wonder if the links going from my website (my portfolio) to the websites we are building for our clients were penalising me with Google because they are not websites with relevant content pertinent to my business. So I have changed the link on my client’s sites from my company name to relevant keyword anchor text- my key words: web design Byron Bay.Does this strategy make any sense Matt?My new strategy should be interesting- this may shift me from the second page to the front page.My strategy has worked for the keywords I have optimised however their is 1 keyword I cannot shift from the second page of Google to the front page (as previously discussed- web design Byron Bay). My SEO strategy has prompted 2 of of my competitors to use my my website name in their own title tag of their Website… hence clients searching my name are seeing competing websites above me with my company name attached to it- a very good tactic from my competitors indeed!I have just realised (doh) that the keywords on my left-side menu do not match the page title of which I should rectify this in the next 24hrs.My question…With Off-Page optimization in mind- should I be tweeting the keyword inner-page title links and transfer these tweets to face-book for that competitive edge over my competition as Google will be showing Social results as I understand in the near future?. Maybe this will help move me to the front page! I will be interested what my new employee next year suggests.RegardsTodd Johnson

0 comments:

Đăng nhận xét